The EBIO Writing Lab provides free advising to science majors looking for help writing lab reports, BMI and UROP proposals, Honors Thesis, posters, and other writing assigned in science courses. Appointments are reserved via email only. Contact the Writing Lab's instructors to set up a meeting!
How We Can Help You
One of the Writing Lab's instructors will meet with you and help you improve your scientific writing skills.
- Tackle procrastination and write efficiently
- Analyze and revise your own work
- Improve your writing’s structure, organization, and effectiveness
- Know what scientists call primary and secondary information sources
- Understand correct sourcing, citing, and referencing
- Communicate your scientific content more accurately and eloquently
What We Can Talk About
Come in with a copy of your current draft (or have a PDF on your computer), and your quesitons concerning:
- Audience for the assignment
- Ideas about what is working well and what is giving you trouble
- Specific things we should focus on when we meet (depending on your assignment’s length)
We can set up an appointment for you to work with us! A one-on-one meeting is a great way to get in-depth help on a paper, and you can also get help with improving your writing skills. We're always happy to meet in-person in the Lab or remotely within the Zoom platform. Tell us your preference and we'll work with you! To set up an appointment, email Stephanie Renfrow (Stephanie.Renfrow@Colorado.EDU) and/or Harrison Carpenter (Harrison.Carpenter@Colorado.EDU). In your email, include the following information:
- Your name
- The writing project you would like to discuss
- Several “best days and times” for us to meet
- Any other information you think will help us understand your project
After receiving your email, we can set up a day/time to meet!