CITI is an online tutorial aimed at educating on appropriate research practices. CU-Boulder requires all researchers complete and maintain training with a minimum score of 80/100. The CITI requirement applies to all research regardless of review categories.
Investigators & Key Personnel
All researchers involved with a protocol being reviewed by the IRB will need to:
- Create an account using the CITI Training Website: www.citiprogram.org. NOTE: As of January 23, 2013, all new users must enter an Employee ID or POI number at registration.
- Complete the Social Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel or Biomedical Research Investigators and Key Personnel course as appropriate for your research. The Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) module is separate from and does not replace IRB CITI requirements.
CITI Training Tutorials
Tips to Avoid Delays
- The IRB will not accept submissions with incomplete or expired CITI Training ALL Investigators and Key Personnel must be up-to-date.
- In creating your account, use the name associated with your CU Identikey. Nicknames, middle names and other variations cause delays as we at the IRB will often not know these pseudonyms. Your submission will be returned if we cannot locate your CITI status.
- Do not create multiple accounts. If you have forgotten your username or password, use the feature on the website to have them sent to you. If your status has changed such that you need to complete a new course, simply update your profile information.
- Once you have completed the training in the CITI system, your training will be instantly updated in our system and you may proceed with your submission. If you received an 'Incomplete' due to CITI Training, you will need to submit a Response in eRA before your review can resume.
- Training is valid for 3 years so be sure to complete the "Refresher Course" before expiration or renewal or you will risk your study's IRB approval.