Whether you are a veteran or a novice researcher this section is designed to help you prepare your study for IRB review. In this section, you’ll find tools to help you understand who and what is involved when you conduct human subjects research. The tools and topics outline what is expected of you and your research team.
Use the following checklist to aid with pre-submission preparation:
- Work through the HRP-310: WORKSHEET - Human Research Determination to confirm that your study meets the criteria for human subjects research.
- Read the HRP-103: Investigator Manual. This manual outlines the entire submission lifetime process and should be the first source to refer to when you have questions.
- Review the roles and responsibilities expected of you and your research team. Roles include principal investigators (PIs), co-investigators, and faculty advisors for student research.
- Complete CITI training and obtain completion reports for you and your research team.
- Learn about the different categories of IRB review in order to determine which study documents you should draft.
- Review the eRA submission types and requirements.
- See the submission timeline for an estimate of IRB review response.