Continuing Education & Financial Aid
CU-Boulder students may enroll in Continuing Education (CE) courses to prepare for a degree program, to supplement their current course load, or to take courses with more flexibility such as independent learning or online courses. Here is some helpful information about how your financial aid can pay for these types of courses.
- Students taking preparatory courses are considered nondegree students and federal loans may be available on a limited basis.
- Students who are enrolled solely in CE courses will have their financial aid budget adjusted to reflect the CE tuition and fees.
- Federal financial aid is not available for certificate or professional development programs. Private loans may be available depending on the lender requirements.
- Courses must be required for your degree program to be eligible for financial aid.
- Correspondence (self-paced) courses may be eligible to be paid with financial aid funds.