Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano invites nominations for the 2023 Chancellor’s Employee of the Year Award. This annual award is presented to CU Boulder staff in recognition of and appreciation for exceptional job performance and distinguished contributions to the campus community. Award criteria include job performance, leadership, service and interpersonal skills.
The award includes a prize of $2,000 after tax and a commemorative gift. The 2023 awards will be presented at a ceremony hosted by the chancellor.
- All eligible CU Boulder classified and university staff may be nominated for this award.
- Nominees must have been employed by CU Boulder for at least three years by the nomination deadline and must not have received any corrective and/or disciplinary actions within the last five years.
- Employees may only receive this award once during their campus career.
- University officers (i.e., deans, associate vice chancellors and above) are not eligible for this award, and nominations will not be considered.
Nominations may be submitted by any member of the campus community (staff, faculty or student) who has firsthand knowledge about the nominee. Nominations should be submitted using the online nomination form.
Each nominee should have:
- One primary nomination submission
- Two additional supporting submissions by individuals other than the primary nominator
- At least one of the submissions must be from the nominee’s direct supervisor
Nominations should address and provide specific examples of the following criteria:
- Outstanding job performance
- Exemplifies inspired leadership
- Extraordinary service to the unit, department, campus, or surrounding community
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
To submit a nomination or supporting submission, please complete the electronic nomination form. No more than three total submissions will be accepted for each nominee.
Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 4. Submissions will not be accepted past the nomination deadline. For additional information or questions, please contact Mark Berge at firstname.lastname@example.org.