The colors of changing leaves, chilly weather, Halloween—there’s a lot to love about the fall season in Colorado! From seasonal activities to fun events, there are many ways to participate in the festivities.
Fall foliage and cool weather
Get out into nature and enjoy a change of pace:
- If you have access to a car this semester, pay a visit to Rocky Mountain National Park. The park’s aspen trees change color in the fall, creating a sight you won't want to miss.
- Going on a fall walk or bike ride can help you connect with nature. The changing of seasons is beautiful in Boulder. Take in the vibrant forest views at Wonderland Lake and Mesa Trail.
- It's pumpkin spice latte season! Pick up the popular seasonal drink at the UMC Starbucks, or indulge in other pumpkin-flavored treats. Not a pumpkin fan? Various warm beverages are available at coffee shops on campus and around town.
Campus and community events
Join the campus and Boulder community for seasonal events and festivities:
Are you excited about Halloween? Beware, you're in for a scare:
- ShakesFear: An Autumn’s Tale: Something wicked this way comes. In this immersive theatrical experience, you will view bloody, ghostly and ghastly characters.
- Boo! Each Friday night in October, the Program Council Friday Night Film Series will feature a Halloween-themed film.
- Halloween in Boulder means haunted hikes, ghost tours, historic cemetery tours and more.
Stay tuned for more fun fall and Halloween events on campus. Check the student events webpage, or follow @CUBoulderLife on Instagram to stay updated.