The Office of Faculty Affairs is pleased to announce this year’s Faculty Leadership Institute fellows. This small group of faculty fellows will meet monthly, alternating between meeting with campus leaders and workshops focused on leadership development.
“The Faculty Leadership Institute selects faculty fellows who are deeply engaged in the CU Boulder community, brings them together to connect with other faculty outside of their own areas, and provides them with the kinds of educative and growth-oriented experiences that help them cross institutional borders and collaborate in generative ways,” said Michele Moses, vice provost for faculty affairs.
“I am so proud that the Office of Faculty Affairs’ Faculty Development and Support area offers our faculty valuable leadership development opportunities like FLI.”
The Faculty Leadership Institute is a program and space for faculty across the CU Boulder campus to work together to break down barriers and build community, collaboration and connectedness across schools, programs and departments. FLI also offers each cohort the opportunity to engage in targeted discussions with campus leaders on current campus issues and to build leadership skills. Since its inception in 2013, FLI has had over 110 fellows.
Here are the FLI fellows for 2022–23:
- Sam Boyd, associate professor, Religious Studies and Jewish Studies
- Melissa Braaten, assistant professor, School of Education
- Juliann Couture, associate professor, University Libraries
- Celine Dauverd, associate professor, History
- Marissa Ehringer, professor, Integrative Physiology
- Arne Höcker, associate professor, Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures
- Mija Hubler, associate professor, Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
- John Keller, teaching professor of distinction, Astrophysical and Planetary Sciences
- Nancy Rodriguez, associate professor, Applied Mathematics
- Warren Sconiers, associate teaching professor, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Bryan Semaan, associate professor, Information Science
- Mike Soltys, teaching associate professor, Integrated Design Engineering
- Julia Staffel, associate professor, Philosophy
- Lev Szentkirályi, assistant teaching professor, Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Kay Weaver, professor and department chair, Advertising, Public Relations and Media Design
- Sabrina D. Volpone, associate professor, Organizational Leadership
This year, Anu Sharma, professor Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, will be the faculty fellow facilitating the FLI meetings.
For more information on participating in FLI or nominating faculty fellows, contact email@example.com.