The colors of changing leaves, chilly weather, Halloween—there’s a lot to love about the fall season in Colorado! From seasonal activities to fun events, there are many ways to participate in the festivities.
Fall foliage and cool weather
Simply getting out into nature is a great way to enjoy the fall season.
- Grab a warm apple cider or pumpkin spice latte from a campus coffee shop and take a walk on the Boulder Creek path near campus.
- Here are 8 Boulder-area hikes to try that are perfect for cooler fall weather.
- If you have a car or know someone with a car, the Peak to Peak Scenic and Historic Byway is one of the best ways to experience fall colors in Colorado.
Campus and community events
Between campus and downtown Boulder events, harvest festivals and pumpkin patches, there’s something for everyone to enjoy this season.
- Attend a traditional fall campus event such as Family Weekend or Homecoming.
- Take a stroll in downtown Boulder––listen to the street performers, pop into shops, and try a signature hot sipping chocolate.
- Walks-ups are welcome at Boulder Farmers Market every Saturday. Buy some seasonal produce and other goodies for a farm-fresh meal.
- There are plenty of farms in the Boulder area that offer corn mazes, pumpkin patches and other fall activities, including Cottonwood Farms in Lafayette, Anderson Farms in Erie, Rocky Mountain Pumpkin Ranch in Longmont and Rock Creek Farm in Broomfield.
If you like to celebrate Halloween, Boulder has a few options for spooky events.
- Program Council has a lineup of October Friday Film Series movies to help get you into the Halloween spirit.
- Take the Dracula: The Death of Nosferatu hike at Chautauqua Park. This event, produced by the Arts in the Open group, happens every Saturday and Sunday through Halloween weekend, beginning Saturday, Sept. 25.
- Join CU Theatre & Dance for Kaidan+, an evening of seven spine-tingling ghost stories from around the world, inspired by the legendary Japanese Kabuki play.
- Stay tuned for more fun fall and Halloween events on campus next month. Check the student events webpage, or follow @CUBoulderLife on Instagram to stay updated.