Are you looking for leadership experience to add to your résumé? Or a new way to get involved on campus? Register for CU GOLD.
CU GOLD (Gaining Opportunities through Leadership Development) provides free leadership development programs to all CU Boulder students. In addition to gaining valuable leadership experience, you have many opportunities to engage and collaborate with peers. Here are some upcoming opportunities this semester.
Core Leadership Program
This introductory program consists of a leadership retreat in Estes Park and a community service project. You will attend weekly seminars devoted to a variety of leadership topics like personal values, diversity and different leadership styles.
The Core Leadership Program has impacted my life in ways I couldn’t have imagined. We push ourselves in ways that may be uncomfortable, but the group takes the challenge head on, and we have made massive leaps in our personal journeys.” –Grace G., CU Boulder student
By participating in the Core Leadership Program, you will:
- Make connections with other student leaders and staff on campus.
- Gain a greater self-awareness of your individual abilities and values as they relate to leadership.
- Challenge your assumptions of what it means to be a “good leader” in the traditional sense.
- Understand the responsibilities of being a leader, both the rewarding and the difficult aspects.
- Understand how diversity, multiculturalism and social justice relate to your role as a leader.
- Develop a leadership vision that inspires action.
Applied Leadership Program
This program is the second step in your leadership journey, and consists of a day at the CU Challenge Ropes Course and weekly discussion-based sessions. At the end of the semester, participants will develop an in-depth leadership portfolio.
By participating in the Applied Leadership Program, you will:
- Gain a greater understanding of process, including group roles, group dynamics and group decision-making.
- Experience leadership through interaction, dialogue and observation.
- Explore theories of change and develop a personal leadership portfolio.
- Make lasting connections with other student leaders, staff and faculty on campus.
Learn more and register for the spring 2019 Applied Leadership Program (participants must have already completed the Core Leadership Program in order to register).
Workshops in a Box
Need help growing your student organization? This program provides free facilitated, interactive sessions specifically for student organizations to grow in the areas of time management, running effective meetings, leadership skills development and more. These sessions are designed to help your student organization get organized, plan cohesive events and retain membership.
Introducing CU GOLD’s newest event: Catalyst! In partnership with the national organization Leadershape, Catalyst is a one-day experience designed to challenge students to think about authentic leadership and what it means to be a change-maker on-campus.
More information on Catalyst will be available early February on the CU GOLD website.