In an ever-changing world, we recognize the power and importance of leadership skills. Each aspect of our curriculum is carefully curated, designed and implemented to help you become a leader of tomorrow.
In our Core Leadership Program (CLP), trained facilitators cover topics including effective communication, leadership styles, identity, moral development, coalition building and more. This introductory leadership development program will help you grow into a strong leader.
CLP is free to all CU Boulder students. Any student enrolled in at least one credit hour is invited to apply.
Apply Now! Deadline: Thursday, Feb. 2 at 11:59 PM MST
CLP sessions begin on Thursday, Feb. 9, and will meet weekly on Thursdays from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The CU GOLD Core Leadership Program (CLP) is an introductory leadership development program that is completely free and open to all students enrolled at CU Boulder (any student admitted and taking at least one credit hour). It includes a leadership retreat, a community service project and weekly seminars devoted to a variety of leadership topics including understanding your personal leadership style, diversity and inclusion training, conflict management and how to be an effective leader. Students participating in the program will receive a certificate once completed.
- Gain greater self-awareness of your individual abilities and values as they relate to leadership.
- Challenge your assumptions of what it means to be a “good leader” in the traditional sense.
- Experience leadership through service and explore your relationship to both the campus and outside community.
- Understand the responsibilities of being a leader – the rewarding and the difficult.
- Improve your understanding of how diversity, multiculturalism and social justice relate to your role as a leader.
- Develop a leadership vision for yourself that will inspire you to action.
- Make connections with other student leaders on campus, as well as key administrators.
- Leave the program with a sense of urgency and motivation to continue your leadership development and make a difference on campus.