Imagine a job where the mountains are your home office. A job that lets you design, sell, promote or even teach your favorite mountain sport to people who love the great outdoors.
Living in Colorado, we experience first-hand what the outdoor industry has to offer. But did you know that it’s filled with job and internship positions in science, math, sales, marketing and art? Or requires various skills, backgrounds, degrees and ambitions?
Come explore opportunities in the outdoor industry at the Mountain Sports Networking Expo on Tuesday, Oct. 10. Companies such as Vail and Winter Park resorts will be on campus to connect with students in an informal networking-style environment.
Did Vail pique your interest? See the Q&A at the end of this article for advice and insight on the company.
Reasons to attend
If you're a freshman or sophomore
- Explore different career opportunities in the outdoor industry.
- Ask questions about the right educational path to reach your career goals.
- Gain experience speaking with employers about internship opportunities.
If you're a junior or senior
- Speak with employers in a casual environment without the pressure of expecting employment.
- Make connections and build relationships with potential employers.
- Ask questions about the recruiting and hiring process, what employers look for in a resume and how to land a job in the industry.
CU Boulder students and alumni from all majors, experience levels and backgrounds are welcome to attend this free event. No pre-registration is necessary.