The Department of Human Resources is welcoming applications for two new positions focused on diversity and inclusive excellence. Human Resources (HR) exists to create success through others, as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. They contribute leadership, ideas and services that allow each person to do what he or she does better.
Diversity education program manager
Answering to the director of Organizational and Employee Development in the Department of Human Resources, the diversity education program manager designs and delivers employee development opportunities in support of operationalizing CU Boulder’s commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence.
The individual in this role will be responsible for fully integrating diversity and inclusive excellence into the framework for employee learning and engagement and will be a campus leader who helps foster positive and inclusive work environments and campus culture. This person must be a committed advocate of diversity and inclusive excellence, as well as a strategic thinker who is able to translate the university’s vision, strategic initiatives and values into programmatic solutions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Design and implement employee learning and engagement programs focused on diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Develop and manage targeted employee development programs, including CU Boulder’s General Education Development (GED) and English as Second Language (ESL) programs for employees.
- Develop the capacity of campus supervisors and managers to lead in areas of diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups to further the campus goals related to diversity and inclusive excellence.
This position is open to current, regular CU Boulder employees only. Refer to the full posting for all position responsibilities, requirements and deadline to apply.
Instructions to view and apply to full posting on the internal job board:
- Log in to the MyCUinfo portal.
- Navigate to the Business Tools dropdown menu and select "CU Careers – Search Jobs/Apply."
- Search by job number 08371 or keyword “InternalCU."
Diversity search and outreach program manager
The diversity search and outreach program manager exists to enhance the university's ability to attract and retain the very best faculty and staff; recognizing that in order to do so, we need to promote and attract diverse candidate pools and improve our image and appeal to members of underrepresented populations as an employer of choice.
This position will report to the director of Organizational and Employee Development within HR and collaborate closely with the diversity education program manager and the affirmative action officer. This position will also work with the HR Talent Acquisition team to identify and address specific programmatic gaps in placement goals, leadership development, etc., with an eye toward improving the likelihood that diverse faculty and staff will choose to come and stay at the university.
Job responsibilities include:
- Attract a diverse talent pool using multiple strategies.
- Work directly with hiring authorities and search committees to improve the fairness and objectivity of search processes.
- Develop programs for achieving diversity goals. Collaborate with other campus offices to develop outreach and marketing campaigns designed to attract diversity, etc.
- Serve on committees and participate in activities within HR and across campus that promote partnership and enhance HR's mission and vision, as well as diversity and inclusive excellence initiatives.
Applicants internal and external to the university are welcome to apply. Refer to the full posting for position responsibilities, requirements and application deadline.