Keeping our momentum

Jon Leslie, Interim Senior Associate Vice Chancellor of Strategic Communications

I am honored to step into the interim leadership role for Strategic Relations and Communications. 

When I joined CU Boulder in 2004, I could not imagine the journey I would be taking with my colleagues and the university. I have been fortunate to be engaged and inspired by our communications progress over the last 15 years. I have also been incredibly fortunate to serve under the dynamic and progressive leadership of Frances Draper.

It’s amazing to reflect on how much we have evolved under Frances’ guidance over the years. She has enabled us to transform how we communicate as a campus and set us on a strong path forward—and I am excited to continue collaborating with Frances and her team as she begins her new role.

Through our Strategic Messaging Alliance (SMA) team of teams, we have made great strides in defining our communications roles and responsibilities, collaborating on recruitment and reputational campaigns, measuring our communications effectiveness and testing new ways to support the retention and engagement of our students.

Together, we are a dynamic and talented team, and I am eager to continue working with and supporting all of you to build our sense of trust and common purpose as we move forward. With this in mind, I encourage your input and engagement as we continue the momentum we have generated. If anyone has any questions, concerns or ideas, I would love to hear your thoughts. Please connect with me by email, reach out to me at an upcoming communicator meeting, or we can also set up a time to chat.

Thank you, Frances, for all you have done and continue to do to move CU Boulder forward.

Let’s keep the momentum going.

Sincerely,

Jon Leslie,
Interim Senior Associate Vice Chancellor of Strategic Communications