- Provost Russell Moore and Senior Vice Chancellor Kelly Fox announced the Space Utilization and Optimization Initiative. The Space Utilization and Optimization Steering Committee was formed and laid out several space related initiatives and commissioned an external study and subsequent report to be completed by Huron Education. Read more about the committee and the Space Utilization and Optimization Initiative here.
- A study and report was conducted on the current status of space on campus and its use by consultant Huron Education.
- A campus-wide human-centered design initiative was completed to elicit feedback on space related initiatives.
- A request for proposal went out for a new space management software and Archibus was subsequently selected.
- The Office of Space Optimization was formally created within Planning, Design and Construction.
- A Director was hired to lead the Office of Space Optimization.
- The Archibus implementation project began.
- A Senior Analyst was hired to join the Office of Space Optimization.