If you're expecting to complete your degree requirements in spring or summer, submit your graduation application by the publication deadline (April 1) to have your name included in that academic year's commencement program (see Graduation & Commencement).
Submit Your Application
Step One: Access the Application
- Log in to MyCUInfo.
- On the Academics / Schedule tab, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Apply for Graduation.
Step Two: Set Your Graduation Term
Choose CUBLD as your Academic Institution.
Choose the term in which you expect to complete your degree requirements as your Expected Graduation Term. (NOTE: Terms are listed in alphabetical order, not chronological.)
- Click Select Program.
Step Three: Confirm Your Degree Information
Cick the link for the academic program from which you’re applying to graduate. If you’re pursuing a dual degree, you’ll need to submit a separate application for the other program. (NOTE: You can’t apply to graduate for certificates or licensures.)
Review the displayed academic information. If it’s accurate, click Information Is Correct.
Step Four: Set Your Graduation Information
- Open the Graduation Intention drop-down menu and select Complete if the displayed major will be completed in your expected graduation term. (NOTE: If this is an additional major, choose Defer if you plan to complete your primary major in the indicated term, but your additional major in a future term.)
- Check the Honors box if you have honors associated with that major. Your advisor may follow up with you.
- Click Apply for Graduation.
Step Five: Confirm Your Diploma Name and Address
- This is the name that will be printed on your diploma. Review it carefully; if you want to add accent marks, click on Special Accents for help. If this is not the name you want on your diploma, click Change Name to create or edit your diploma name.
- Review your address. Diplomas are mailed approximately eight weeks after the commencement ceremony. If the address shown is not where your diploma should be mailed at that time, click Change Address to create or edit your diploma address. (NOTE: The post office does not forward diplomas if your address changes.)
- Click both checkboxes to verify your diploma name and address, then click Continue.
Step Six: Submit Your Application
- Review all information presented.
- Click Apply for Graduation to submit your application.
Check Your Application Status or Edit Your Submission
To check your application status, follow steps 1 and 2 to access your Graduation Application Summary page. This page also allows you to:
- change your graduation term
- cancel your application
- update your diploma name
- update your diploma address
CU Boulder staff will review your application and change its status to either Accepted or Denied.
- If your application is denied, you may contact your advisor for more information.
- If your application is accepted, and you complete all of your graduation requirements by the end of the graduation term, you will be awarded your degree.