In order to support sustainable transportation options, CU provides a free taxi ride home in the event of an emergency or work schedule change (limited to CU Boulder and CU System faculty and staff).
How to Book Your Ride
You must have your staff/faculty Buff OneCard and your EcoPass to complete the ride. Note, this is an account-based program.
- Call 303-MYZTRIP (303-699-8747)
- When the automated voice starts, press 9 to set up an account-funded ride
- When prompted, press 2 to be connected with corporate/private accounts and speak with an operator.
- Provide the operator with the CU Boulder account number BOU5302.
- The operator will ask for the account name, you should answer "CU Guaranteed Ride Home" or "CU Boulder"
- You will be asked for an ID number, use your EcoPass or Buff OneCard number for this.
- You must provide the address where you will be picked up and your destination address.
- If asked for the name of an authorized person, answer "Clark Rider."
- When the cab arrives, you’ll need to show your Buff OneCard.
- Upon reaching your destination, review and sign the trip voucher. The university will pay for your cab ride, but you must pay for any tip.
Guidelines and conditions for use
- Eligible Users - GRH is for CU Boulder and CU System staff/faculty FTEs who work 50% time or greater (benefit eligible).
- Valid Reasons for Use - Personal or family emergency/illness or an unplanned change in work schedule.
- CU ID Required - You must show your Buff OneCard to the taxi driver.
- Types of Trips – GRH covers trips from your workplace to your residence or car. Intermediate stops are possible (for example, to pick up your child at school on the way home or stop at your pharmacy to pick up a prescription).
- Distance - Your taxi ride can be up to 100 miles one-way. You are responsible for paying any amount over the 100-mile limit, and tipping the cab driver is your responsibility.
- Extreme Weather - Emergency taxi rides will not be available when extreme weather conditions cause the university to close. This service does not apply when bus service is erratic due to bad weather.
- General Questions - Call 303-735-7874 (CU Boulder Sustainable Transportation)
- Book a Ride – Call 303-MYZTRIP (303-699-8747)