Permanent Employees: Long-term Parking Options
To purchase Faculty/Staff parking access, employees should contact their department’s parking liaison. The liaison will begin the application process. To identify your department’s liaison, email the Faculty/Staff Permit Coordinator. CU Boulder features "virtual" parking access, with no need for printed hang tags. The vehicle's license plate information is registered and associated with the parking access, so your license plate is used to identify your vehicle and is valid to park in only the specific lot or zone you purchase. Parking at meters and pay station lots requires additional payment. When the virtual access is activated the Faculty/Staff Permit Coordinator emails both the permit holder and their Parking Liaison. When campus lots are closed/impacted for events and maintenance, parking patrons will receive an email with an alternate parking option (excluding our campus Move in event, when alternate transportation options are necessary.)
Permanent Employees: Temporary and Short Term Parking Options
Faculty and staff who do not wish to purchase long-term parking may purchase short-term parking. Day, week, and month increments are available, and may be purchased by phone at (303) 735-PARK (7275). Please have your license plate available.
To support those who would like to park on campus less than 5 days per week, we will continue to offer daily parking in specified lots, subject to availability. The daily discount rate of $5 will continue for faculty and staff.
To purchase daily parking online:
- Log into your parking account using your IdentiKey and password.
- You can also access your account by visiting our home page and clicking on the “Online Services” button in the upper right.
- Once logged in, select "Permits" on the left column then "Order Permit" (red button upper right corner) then "Purchase Parking Permit" then select "Employee Parking".
- Choose the date for the permit and “Confirm”.
- Select from the available lot options. (these may change depending on the date selected)
- Choose the vehicle you will be driving.
- “Confirm” and “Add Permit to Cart”
- Enter Billing Information and Checkout (you will have the option to save your payment information).
Temporary employees may purchase daily, weekly, or monthly temporary parking. Payroll deduction is not available for temporary employees. Purchase by phone at (303) 735-PARK (7275). Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.)
Faculty and Staff Parking Types and Prices
$20/month (Also applies to mopeds and scooters)
Off Peak Parking
- Need to access campus at night, weekend, or early morning? Off Peak Parkingmay benefit you with parking near your destination. Visit our Off Peak parking page for more information.
FAQs and Transportation Options
Parking Services has developed a list of Frequently Asked Questions to assist you in determining what options will work best for you. Whether you plan to bus, bike, vanpool or drive a personal vehicle to campus, we have resources for you.
Visit the Bus Route Information page for information about campus bus routes and schedules. Regional and local buses are available. We strongly encourage those who have used RTD in the past to verify what routes are currently available by using RTD’s Trip Planner.
As always, we are standing by to assist you. Please don’t hesitate to connect with our customer service team via email@example.com or 303-735-PARK.