The Guaranteed Ride Home program (GRH) at CU provides a free taxi ride home in the event of an emergency or work schedule change. (Limited to CU Boulder and CU System EcoPass holders and CU Boulder vanpool members).
GRH is a great solution for those who avoid taking the bus, carpooling or biking because they worry about what would they would do in case of a family emergency. It is also perfect for those who use alternative transportation and have an unforeseen emergency arise.
How to Book Your Ride
- Call zTrip direct at 303-MYZTRIP (303-699-8747). Let them know you are calling for the University of Colorado-Boulder Guaranteed Ride Home program.
- Give them the CU Boulder account or authorization number BOU5302 to approve your request.
- You may also need to give them the 16-digit number off your Buff One card, so have that available.
- Tell them where you are to be picked up and your destination.
- When the cab does arrive, you’ll need to show your EcoPass.
- Upon reaching your destination, review and sign the trip voucher. The university will pay for your cab ride, but you must pay for any tip.
Guidelines and conditions for use
- Eligible Users - GRH is for CU Boulder and CU System EcoPass holders who arrived to work via bike, bus, carpooling/vanpool, or walking (not those who drove alone). Student College Pass holders are not eligible.
- Valid Reasons for Use - Personal or family emergency/illness or an unplanned change in work schedule.
- CU ID Required - You must show your RTD EcoPass and Buff OneCard to the taxi driver.
- Types of Trips – GRH covers trips from your workplace to your residence or car. Intermediate stops are possible (for example, to pick up your child at school on the way home or stop at your pharmacy to pick up a prescription.)
- Distance - Your taxi ride can be up to 100 miles one-way. You are responsible for paying any amount over the 100-mile limit, and tipping the cab driver is your responsibility.
- Extreme Weather - Emergency taxi rides will not be available when extreme weather conditions cause the university to close. This service does not apply when bus service is erratic due to bad weather.
- General Questions - Call 303-735-7874 (CU Boulder Sustainable Transportation)
- Book a Ride – Call 303-MYZTRIP (303-699-8747)