Name: David Kidd
Major (s): Political Science & Business Marketing
Minor (s): None
Certificate (s): Global Business
- Focused on business coursework to fulfill business degree requirements
- Took PSCI 2012 to fulfill a credit and became interested in political science
- Joined Leeds Scholars Program
- Added a Minor in Political Science
- Continued taking classes to fulfill degree requirements in Political Science and Leeds
- Added PSCI as a second major with Business
- Interned with Michael Bennet in Denver in the Spring
- Was elected Student Body President of CUSG.
- Wrote a PSCI honors thesis on international law
- Finished up degree requirements for Business & PSCI
- Served term in CUSG
- Accepted into Harvard Law School
- My family is full of small-business owners so I always knew I wanted to do business. Really when I started running my company, I became interested in how business transcends borders and is international, inspiring my focus on international business
- If you are double majoring in PSCI and Business, meet with advisors immediately because there is very little overlap between the majors, so meet with advisors to create a plan.
- Declare the degree early and aim high, and then decrease. It is easier to get a minor after working towards a major than it is to get a major after working towards a minor. Frontload your work instead of loading up courses at the end to get out in four years.
- I really enjoyed being involved in CUSG, especially as a PSCI major. It was incredible experience acting as a political actor and experience politics from that perspective, and also seeing how institutions and legislation works.
- I was involved in Leeds Scholars Program and the Leeds Consulting Group. I was also a member of the CU Fly Fishing Club.
- College is a fresh start in a lot of ways from high school, so put into college what you want to get out it. You'll find success if you work hard.