University of Colorado Provided Resources
The Center for Research Data & Digital Scholarship is an excellent resource for building your bioinformatics skills and getting help with planning and writing your grant proposals.
Be sure to look at the software and hardware recommendations, and the Quick Start Guide. Other resources:
- CU offers free or reduced pricing on many software applications.
- Microsoft Office is provided for free to students, faculty, and staff.
- Email, Voice/Video Conferencing, and many more services are available.
Contact Erik Hedl (303-492-4535) for details.
- Desktop/Laptop Support:
- Contact Erik Hedl (303-492-4535).
- CU's Dedicated Desktop Support is availble to qualified computers.
- For personal computers (especially for undergraduates), go to Buff Techs.
- You can always call 5-HELP (303-735-4357).
Department Provided Computer Resources
- Collaborative Web Server
- GitHub Repository
- Loaner Equipment (laptop, presentation tools, etc.)
- Printers (see HowTo below)
FAQs & HowTos:
- Improving WiFi in your Home
- How to prepare and print a poster.
- How to prepare a presentation slide deck for our classroom projectors.
- How to setup and use our departmental printers.
Please stop by the IT office in Porter Biosciences, room B236.
Office Hours: 9-5 M-F
Phone: (303) 492-4535
EMail: MCDB Help.