If you think estate planning is only for the rich and famous, think again. Asset planning can help you distribute your assets according to your wishes and the needs of your survivors, while minimizing taxes.
- Participants will learn how to protect your legacy as it relates to:
- Probate-What it is and how to avoid it
- Trusts-What they can do for you
- Fees-What laywers charge
- Death Taxes-What they amount to
- Power of Attorney-Never leave home without one
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of estate planning
- Identify the necessary actions to distribute assets according to your wishes while minimizing taxes
- Define will and trust terms in order to protect your legacy
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for any CU Boulder faculty or staff member who wants to learn more about wills and trusts and their importance in asset planning and taking care of loved ones.
This workshop is hosted by the Faculty & Staff Assistance Program and sponsored by Elevations Credit Union.
March 2, 2022
Kurt C. Hofgard, JD, CLU, ChFC, AEP
Kurt holds a Bachelor of Arts in Western American History with Honors from Stanford University, and he graduated from Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon with honors. He successfully completed the Advanced Estate Planning courses from the American College en route to obtaining the Charted Life Underwriter (CLU) and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designations. He is also an Accredited Estate Planner.Kurt is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, a member of the board of directors of the Boulder County Bar Association (Business and Estate & Tax Sections), the Boulder County Estate Planning Council, and the Boulder Chamber of Commerce.
Cost: There is no cost for this course.