Fall is nearly here y'all and it's time to begin planning for your learning and development schedule. Human Resources welcomes faculty and staff to register for learning, devleopment and self-care courses.
Professional Learning & Development
Organization & Employee Development (OED) develops and implements solutions to improve the effectiveness and engagement of individuals, teams and departments. OED courses range from leadership development to workplace skills, and are designed to build skills and knowledge in workplace trends and needs.
Are you interested in becoming an ally? You can start by learning the three basic steps to defining your allyship journey.
- Virtual: Oct. 25; 10:30 - 12:00 p.m.
- In-Person: Nov. 30; 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- In-Person: Dec. 7; 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
The purpose of Becoming an Inclusive Leader series is to provide supervisors, managers, leaders and aspiring leaders at CU Boulder with the knowledge and skills to lead their teams to be more inclusive and equitable, as well as the ability to create a sense of belonging among team members.
- Virtual: Sept. 13, 20, 27, Oct. 4, 11, 18; 11:00 - 12:00 p.m. each day
CliftonStrengths™ for Faculty & Staff
CliftonStrengths™ Introduction seminar provides an opportunity for CU Boulder employees to identify their natural talents by taking the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment. During this interactive workshop participants will learn to develop their talents into strengths. These strengths will allow participants to continue developing in their career and enhance working relationships.
- Virtual: Sept. 8; 1:00-3:00 p.m
- In-Person: Oct. 21; 9:00-11:00 a..m.; Administrative & Research Center
Attend this interactive session to understand how to apply supervision strengths-based supervision strategies, create a culture of trust and conversation built around what people do best and create a shared language to discuss progress, evaluations, and employee successes.
- Virtual: Sept. 9; 9:00-11:30a.m.
- In-Person: Oct. 28; 9:00-11:30a.m.; Administrative & Research Center
Crucial Conversations is a 16 hour course that teaches skills for creating alignment and agreement by fostering open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics – at all levels of the organization. By learning how to speak and be heard (and encouraging others to do the same), you’ll surface the best ideas, make the highest-quality decisions, and then act on your decisions with unity and commitment.
- Virtual: Sept. 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 28, Oct. 1; 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. each day
- In-Person: Nov. 2,4,9,11; 9:00 -1:00 p.m. each day; Administrative & Research Center
Building on the skills taught in Crucial Conversations, Crucial Accountability teaches a step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency, and reducing resentment. Graduates of the Crucial Conversations workshop are invited to attend.
- Virtual: Oct. 4, 6, 11 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. each day
- In-Person: Dec. 7 & 9; 9:00-12:00 p.m. each day; Administrative & Research Center
Employee Management and Compliance Essentials is a blended course that provides managers and supervisors with a comprehensive overview of legal guidelines, campus policies, and CU Boulder practices related to employee management and development.
- Virtual: Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27; 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. each day
- In-Person: Nov. 30 & Dec. 2; 9:00 - 1:00 p.m. each day; Administrative Research Center
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is the ability to recognize and understand emotions in yourself and others, and your ability to use this awareness to manage your behavior and relationships.
- Virtual: Sept. 20 & 27; 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. each day
- In-Person: Nov. 4 & 11; 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. each day; Administrative & Research Center
How can leaders stay ahead of the curve and differentiate themselves and their teams when so much is changing so quickly? The 4 Essential Roles of Leadership develops the roles leaders play that are highly predictive of success.
- Virtual: Oct. 27, Nov. 3, 10, 17; 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. each day
- In-Person: Oct. 19, 26 Nov. 2, 9; 9:00 -11:30 a.m. (Oct. Dates)/ 2:00 -4:30 p.m. (Nov. Dates); Administrative & Research Center
Supervisors and managers make a significant impact on employee productivity and engagement, innovation, and performance. Explore the critical mindset shifts that will maximize your success as a leader of others.
- Virtual: Oct. 5, 7, 12; 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. AND 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. each day
- In-Person: Nov. 16 & 18; 9:00 - 12:30 p.m. each day; Administrative & Research Center
Trust is not merely a soft, social virtue; rather, trust is a pragmatic, hard-edged, economic, and actionable asset that you can create. The Speed of Trust Practice helps organizations better manage change and create high-performing teams that are agile, collaborative, innovative, and engaged.
- Virtual: Oct. 18, 19, 25, 26; 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- In-Person: Dec. 14 & 16; 9:00 - 1:00 p.m.; Administrative Research Center
Getting Things Done is a system that teaches skills to manage the constant flow of requests, tasks, and interruptions people face at all levels of the organization.
- Virtual: Sept. 14 & 16; 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. AND 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. each day
- In-Person: Nov. 16 & 18; 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. each day; Administrative & Research Center
The purpose of this one hour seminar is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills for making virtual meetings inclusive.
- Virtual: Sept. 15; 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Virtual: Oct. 21; 11:00 - 12:00 p.m.
- Virtual: Nov. 29; 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Self-Care and Personal Growth
CU Boulder’s Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) offers wellness seminars and support groups focused on mental and emotional well being during challenging times. Programs provide practical tools participants can practice and apply to their daily lives. There is no cost to attend FSAP programs.
Join us to learn stress reduction and resiliency building techniques for managing transitions and significant change.
- Virtual: Tuesday, Aug. 31; 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
In this workshop we will learn quick techniques to stay in healthy relationships with those around us, and with ourselves.
- Virtual: Wednesday, Oct. 20; 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
This workshop will help build and add to your tools for compassion fatigue resiliency.
- Virtual: Nov. 17; 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) is hosting a 4 part workshop series to educate faculty and staff on mindfulness-based stress management strategies.
- Virtual: Tuesdays August 3, 10, 17 & 24; 12:00 - 1:30 pm
Come to an interactive 4-part series that will highlight the approaches that are most likely to increase positive interactions and strong emotional connections in your family system.
- Virtual: Tuesdays--Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct 5; 9:00 -10:30 am
Work-Life workshop is hosted by FSAP in conjunction with our partners at Elevations Credit Union
Submerged in the responsibilities of life, the seriousness of world affairs, and an ever-growing to-do list, we often forget to PLAY. Please join us for a “playful,” fun and informative seminar!!
- Virtual: Wednesday Aug 4; 12:00 - 1:00pm
This is an interactive breathing session where you will learn cutting edge techniques from the world of physical therapy that will even potentially help you flatten your tummy!
- Virtual: Sept. 1; 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
In this seminar, we’ll discuss refinancing in depth, including what options may be available to you and when a refinance may make sense.
- Virtual: Oct. 6; 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Understand how to better secure personal privacy and learn more about computer and internet security.
- Virtual: Nov. 3; 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Learn how to strengthen your immune system to help prevent the flu naturally.
- Virtual: Dec.1; 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.