Published: March 30, 2020

Critical services employees may qualify for child care services available during this time. Most of these options will require parents to provide their critical employee letter provided by  your department. If you are a critical services employee and did not receive a critical employee letter, please contact your supervisor or department HR office.

Child care options:

  • If you have regular child care that is remaining open for critical employees, you can provide the critical employee letter to the facility/care provider and continue using the service. 

  • If you do not have regular child care or your child care has closed, you can register with the Colorado Emergency Child Care Collaborative.  This service will assist parents in finding emergency child care that meets their needs.  You can also check with the YMCA of Northern Colorado at to register directly for Boulder and Longmont programming. 

  • If you have school-aged children who are engaging in distance learning, you may contact the Boulder Valley School District (you do not need to live in or attend Boulder Valley School District) for emergency child care. See the BVSD Emergency Childcare Flyer

CU Boulder Human Resources does not administer these programs and cannot answer program-specific questions.  Please visit the websites for contact information and additional details.