The course features four modules: origins and overview of inclusive excellence, the state of inclusive excellence at CU Boulder, four ways to apply inclusive excellence at your unit and three ways to live inclusive excellence.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Define diversity, equity and inclusion
- Identify the origins of inclusive excellence
- Become familiar with the guiding documents provided by the Association of American Colleges & Universities
- Gain insight into the status of inclusive excellence on the CU Boulder campus
- Apply a department culture audit to review common workplace practices for inclusion
- Develop skills for leading discussions in your unit
- Implement high impact practices
- Create a personal development plan for ongoing learning
There is no cost to attend this five-hour course to explore inclusive excellence with colleagues across campus. Course is held 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Administrative Research Center (ARCE) 346
Online Course Coming Soon! Beginning fall 2019, participants will have the opportunity to enroll in a four-week, cohort model online course with faculty and staff across campus.
To learn more about MEI-101, and explore additional programs and resources, please visit the Department of Human Resources Employee Learning page.
The Department of Human Resources (HR) creates success through others as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. HR contribute leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person – whether an individual contributor or manager; a member of the faculty or staff – to do what they do…better. Visit https://www.colorado.edu/hr to learn more about HR.