Our travel clinic supports students in preparing for trips abroad and provides recommendations on what to do before, during and after their trips.
All travel health services require an appointment scheduled in advance.
Travel Clinic Services
- Physical exams for students traveling internationally and those in study abroad programs including Semester at Sea, Peace Corps and Fullbright programs
- Current and individualized health risk information
- Review of travel itinerary, previous immunizations, and individual health needs
- Advice on recommended and/or required immunizations
- Information on malaria prophylaxis, as well as on prevention and/or treatment of travel related illnesses specific to your destination
- Recommendations for traveler’s first aid kit and/or water purification
- Post travel care and consultation as needed
Students with the Gold Plan:
Travel visits are covered. Some travel vaccines are not covered and must be paid for at the time of service.
Students with BuffCare or Private Insurance:
If you have your own health insurance, there will be a fee for your visit. Payment is required at the time of service. BuffCare covers an initial appointment with the travel clinic (does not include vaccinations).
For specific pricing information please contact our Billing Office at 303-492-4196.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Complete immunization records
- Travel program paperwork (if applicable)
- Your travel itinerary
- A list of current medications
You must be cancel by 5PM the business day before your appointment by phone at 303-492-5342. Late cancellations and missed appointments will result in a $30 charge.