The Office of Faculty Affairs is pleased to announce a subscription to Altmetric Explorer for Institutions. This allows faculty and staff to monitor the attention and impact surrounding faculty publications. Follow the instructions below to get started.
How to get started using data for you or your unit in Altmetric Explorer
- Go to https://www.altmetric.com/explorer/login. To access, you must be on campus or connected to the CU Boulder VPN.
- If you already have created an account, enter your email and password and click the “Sign In” button.
- If you have not yet created an account, see two additional buttons to either “Continue as a Guest” or “Create an Account”.
- If you do not see these buttons and are off campus, please connect to the CU Boulder VPN and try again.
- Click the “Continue as a Guest” button for immediate read-only access to Altmetric Explorer data for CU Boulder faculty.
- Click the “Create an Account" button to create your own account which allows you to save Altmetric Explorer workspaces, set up alerts, and to export data.
- Once logged in, make sure the "My Institution Only" button on the top right of the page is selected to review information by unit or for individual Boulder faculty.
- To view all entries in the Altmetric Database select "Full Altmetric Database."
- See the "Getting Started" help document or the Altmetric User Guide (pdf) for more assistance.
Questions about Altmetric Explorer may be addressed to the OFA Service Desk at email@example.com.