Engineering Communications and Marketing is a team of communications professionals distributed througout the college who are focused on telling the research story, promoting transparent communication, and enhancing the reputation of the college, its departments and programs.
- Integrity - As the voice of the College of Engineering and Applied Science, we strive for personal and team accountability, honesty, transparency and inclusive practices.
- Collaboration - We leverage team expertise to empower our colleagues and elevate our college.
- High quality - We hold each other accountable for the quality of our work and create processes and strategies that promote excellence for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Innovation - We are curious, creative and nimble problem solvers who challenge the status quo.
- Professionalism - We model respectful communication with others, seek to understand the needs of our collaborators and continuously develop our skills and experience.
What We Do
- CU Engineering magazine twice a year
- Weekly Engineering Digest (internal) to 1,200 faculty and staff
- Internal and alumni newsletters for departments and research
- College, department and program websites
- College social channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Original news reporting (hundreds of annual stories, news briefs, blog posts, announcements)
- National, local and trade media pitches with Strategic Relations and Communications
- Support faculty writing for The Conversation, an independent outlet authored by academics
- Video production, photography and graphic design
Need marketing communications help?
Contact Julie Chiron, Director of Marketing and Communications, Julie.Chiron@colorado.edu or 303-492-7190.