The Engineering Management Program does not have TA/RA positions and does not offer any funding, including scholarships.

Financial Aid

Financial aid is defined in part as U.S. government assistance for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. If you are neither of those you will not qualify for it. You should check with your own government as to whether they offer financial aid, scholarships or grants to students studying abroad, but you would need to secure that support independently. 

Here are resources if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

  • Office of Financial Aid has information regarding loans and work-study.
  • Students applying for financial aid should submit the graduate version of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1. You must be enrolled in at least four semester hours to be eligible to receive federal or state financial aid or to be eligible for a deferment on any of your federal loans.
  • ROTC and US Military veterans should contact the Office of Veteran Services to determine how their GI benefits will be coordinated with their financial aid.


Educational loans from U.S. banks are generally not extendable to non-citizens and non-permanent residents, because they are considered part of financial aid, as they are backed by the U.S. government. These types of educational loans may be available in your country, but you would need to seek out that support independently.  

If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, please visit

Student Employment

Students can sometimes secure jobs around campus, but it’s important to note that these types of positions would never be enough to pay for tuition and room and board. CU Boulder's Student Employment Office posts an average of 600 part-time, on-campus and off-campus jobs for students. Graduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents may qualify for work-study awards. International students may verify their employment eligibility through International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). For information on employment opportunities, visit the Housing and Dining site.

Online Resources

eduPASS: This site provides information for international students who are thinking about pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or professional education in the USA. It also contains material of interest to international students who are already in the USA. There is also some information for international students who are interested in studying in countries other than the US, but the main focus is on higher education in the US.

Additional Funding

Additional funding may be sought from national, international, industrial, or foundation sources. A partial list of such sources is available in the Graduate School funding section. Other avenues to learn about these opportunities include career counseling offices and directories of funding sources such as the Annual Register of Grant Support and the Grants Register in university libraries.

Payment Plans

Tuition and fees can be paid over the course of each semester by enrolling in optional payment plans