Fly to Denver International Airport (DEN). Plan on 60-100 minutes from the airport to Boulder, depending your arrival time and mode of transportation. Options for travel from the airport:
- By shuttle: make a reservation with Green Ride Boulder at https://greenrideboulder.com/ and arrange pick-up/drop-off according to your flight times. The shuttle costs $42/person, less for a second passenger.
- The public bus is safe and efficient, $10.50 each way. Tickets can be purchased at a kiosk in the airport bus depot or online via a mobile app (http://www.rtd-denver.com/mobileticket.shtml). Take AB1 or AB2. For AB1, get off at Baseline and Broadway; for AB2, get off at 28th and Colorado (here is the Saturday Westbound schedule). You will need to walk or catch a taxi, Lyft, or Uber (all readily available) to the conference hotel from the bus stop in Boulder.
- Lyft, Uber, and taxis are also available at the airport; see https://www.flydenver.com/taxi and
The conference hotel is the Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, about a 20 minute walk or short ride from the CU Boulder College of Music where the main events will take place. Call 303-449-3800 to book a room and mention the “rhythm conference” or book online with the code https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.06103.html?groupId=T44BZ6T8. The rate is $111 per night, which includes a complimentary full breakfast. Rooms must be booked by October 25 to obtain the group rate.
- Hotel website: https://boulderinn.com/
- Address: 770 28th Street; Boulder, CO, 80303
- Phone number: 303-449-3800
Conference Venue and Parking
Most of the events will be at the CU Boulder College of Music, Imig Music Building. The address for Google maps is 1020 18th St, Boulder, CO 80302.
Public parking is available in the Euclid Autopark opposite the Imig Music Building. (The Euclid Autopark is under the CASE building.) Spots will be available on Sunday; they may fill up by mid-morning on Monday. For alternatives and more information, see https://universityofcolorado.myuvn.com/parking/.
Additional events will be in the CASE building opposite Imig. The Sunday night dinner will be at the home of Jan Burton. The Monday night dinner will be at the Koenig Alumni Center on campus (Google address: 1202 University Ave, Boulder, CO 80302).
The Tuesday concert by Pierre-Laurent Aimard will be at the Macky Auditorium on campus: https://cupresents.org/venue/16/macky-auditorium/?event=1890
Locale and Weather
November weather in Boulder is often sunny with highs in the 30s or 40s, but it could be rainy with highs in the 50s or snowy with highs in the 10s or 20s. Check your weather app! We say no more.
If you have extra time, we recommend the Pearl Street Pedestrian Mall, which has plenty of cafes and the wonderful locally owned Boulder Bookstore, and hikes around the iconic flatirons or other open space trails (https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/basic-trail-information).
Boulder is above 5000 feet. Bring a water bottle and drink plenty of water to avoid altitude sickness. Use sunscreen if you are out in the sun.
Please email Yonatan Malin (email@example.com), local arrangements chair, if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you!