CAS launched our summer internship program in 2016. The internships aim to provide opportunities for students to live in Asia and learn about international business culture while gaining valuable hands-on work experience. The application deadline for Summer 2020 programs is Sunday, February 9 at 11:59 p.m.
- 6- to 8-week summer internships in Tokyo and Shanghai
- Arranged by CAS through a network of CU friends and alumni, keeping costs low
- Official CU Education Abroad program
- Scholarships provided by alumni and donors available. Interns are also eligible for Buffs Abroad scholarships
- Students may earn up to 6 credits, through Asian Studies or other programs such as Business (with preapproval)
- Annual Program with application deadlines each February
Interns typically help with research, reports, translation, or other tasks. Companies are encouraged to provide funding to support the program or help offset student travel costs, but no stipend or hourly wage is paid to students. CAS is also seeking private donors and grant support for the program, to be provided in the form of scholarship support to offset student costs. The internship program is open to students with a wide variety of backgrounds and interests. See below for specific offerings in Japan and China.
See our Asia Internship Program Brochure here.