CAS is planning both in-person and virtual internship options for summer 2024!
Please check back in Fall 2023 for more details
For informational purposes:
CAS launched our summer internship program in 2016. The internships aim to provide opportunities for students to live in Asia and learn about international business culture while gaining valuable hands-on work experience.
- Applications are available on the Education Abroad website at http://abroad.colorado.edu/?go=AIPTokyo.
- To open an application, contact Steve Rose (information below).
- In addition to the application form, students will need to provide a cover letter, resume, transcript, and statement of purpose.
- Students may be interviewed by the supervisor prior to selection.
- Application deadline is Friday, April 15, 2022.
Interns will receive 3 credits through ASIA 4930.
- Please visit the Education Abroad Website for program costs and finances at http://abroad.colorado.edu/?go=programcosts. (Choose US in the country field, then Boulder in the city field.)
- Students can apply for Buffs Abroad Scholarships.
- Scholarship support available through the Center for Asian Studies, limited to students who have applied for Buffs Abroad Scholarships.
- Contact Steve Rose, Assistant Director of Education Abroad, with questions about application procedures or costs: Steven.Rose@colorado.edu or 303-492-2977.
- Contact Danielle Rocheleau Salaz, Executive Director of the Center for Asian Studies, with questions about internship content or general questions about the Asia Internship Program: CAS@colorado.edu.
This summer we are offering virtual internships at the following companies:
Asian Chamber of Commerce
The Asian Chamber of Commerce (ACC) is a membership organization based in Denver, Colorado. Its mission is to provide economic development and business opportunities for its members, which include large corporations, businesses of all sizes, non-profit organizations, government, and educational institutions.
Colorado House International (CoHo)
At CoHo we are knowledge brokers. We connect universities from Japan, to networks of US-based medical universities, hospitals, and healthcare experts through short-term programming which allows for collaboration and learning in care systems, practices, and treatments. We serve our clients by building and maintaining lifelong partnerships. We particularly focus on being a key anchor in Colorado to bridge US-Japan university relations and we're currently building hybrid programs which encompass VR and in-person experiences.
US Heartland China Association
US Heartland China Association (USHCA, www.usheartlandchina.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit focused on promoting exchanges in culture, education, and business between the American Heartland region and China. Recognized nationally for its innovative programs to promote better understanding and global collaboration, USHCA is supported by the prestigious Ford Foundation and Henry Luce Foundation to focus on broader access to China related resources in the American Heartland region.
The Tadano Group
The Tadano Group is a worldwide leader in the manufacture of mobile cranes. Parent company Tadano Ltd. was founded in 1919 and is located in Takamatsu, Japan. With more than 5,000 employees and over 30 business subsidiaries worldwide, the Tadano Group had global consolidated sales of 186 billion JPY (approximately 1.7 billion USD) in fiscal year 2020. This virtual internship is a unique opportunity to experience the intersection of Japanese and American business cultures at a company that makes tangible products used for building the world’s infrastructure.
In-Person Program will resume in 2023, as long as Covid-19 guidance allows for the resumption of international travel to the internship sites
For informational purposes only; in-person program application information will become available later this fall.
- 6-week summer internships in Japan
- 8-week summer internships in China
- Arranged by CAS through a network of CU friends and alumni, keeping costs low
- Official CU Education Abroad program
- Scholarships provided by alumni and donors available. Interns are also eligible for Buffs Abroad scholarships
- Students may earn up to 6 credits, through Asian Studies or other programs such as Business (with preapproval)
- Annual Program with application deadlines each February
See our Asia Internship Program Brochure here.