CAS is looking into both in-country and virtual internship options for summer 2022 and will make updates as they are available in late fall 2021!
Virtual/Local Internship Program Summer 2021
- These internships are arranged by CAS through a network of CU friends and alumni.
- The program runs through Education Abroad, which keeps down costs.
- Scholarships are available as well.
- Students will enroll in an internship course (ASIA 4930) and earn three credits.
- Language is not required for all positions.
These virtual/local internship options are currently under development and additional positions will be added as they become available. The first such opportunity is with Colorado House International (CoHo). See below for position specifics.
Colorado House International (CoHo)
At CoHo we are knowledge brokers. We connect universities from Japan, to networks of US-based medical universities, hospitals, and healthcare experts through short-term programming which allows for collaboration and learning in care systems, practices, and treatments. We serve our clients by building and maintaining lifelong partnerships. We particularly focus on being a key anchor in Colorado to bridge US-Japan university relations. Given the state of international travel, we have pivoted to online learning exchange formats leveraging VR technologies.
Job Description and Responsibilities: Marketing Intern
- Marketing research and analysis for international education trend on education abroad, international higher education partnership, international students recruiting
- Developing and managing CoHo’s social media accounts (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Supporting other marketing projects/materials: newsletter, new programs materials development, etc.
- Website development/updates/maintenance
Work Dates: Monday, May 31 to Friday, July 30, 2021
Work Hours: 20-30 hours per week; total approximately 120 hours
Flexible schedule with weekly synchronous meetings (MDT/JST)
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours by start of internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese a bonus.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, etc. (Photoshop or other design software preferred.)
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations
- Comfortable working in a startup environment
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- A passion for service
- Must have an up-to-date computer that can run the latest communication apps (Zoom, Virbela, ENGAGE, etc.)
Interns will receive 3 credits through ASIA 4930. Questions about the credit component can be directed to Steve Rose (see information below).
- Students can apply for Buffs Abroad Scholarships.
- Scholarship support available through the Center for Asian Studies, limited to students who have applied for Buffs Abroad Scholarships.
- Please visit the Education Abroad Website for program costs and finances at http://abroad.colorado.edu/?go=programcosts. (Choose US in the country field, then Boulder in the city field.)
- Program information is available on the Education Abroad website at http://abroad.colorado.edu/?go=AIPTokyo.
- To open an application, contact Steve Rose (information below).
- In addition to the application form, students will need to provide a cover letter, resume, transcript, and statement of purpose.
- Students may be interviewed by the supervisor prior to selection.
- Application deadline is Sunday, April 11, 11:59 p.m.
- Contact Steve Rose, Assistant Director of Study Abroad, with questions about application procedures or costs: Steven.Rose@colorado.edu.
- Contact Danielle Rocheleau Salaz, Executive Director of the Center for Asian Studies, with questions about internship content or the Asia Internship Program: CAS@colorado.edu.
This program is subject to public health restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Students should follow public health orders for work/businesses if there is any work that will not be done remotely. Visit CU’s COVID-19 Updates and Resources page for current information.