For a smooth start at CU, here are a few things to know about bills and payments.
To-Do Items for New & Transfer Students
Students log in to Buff Portal (buffportal.colorado.edu) to view and pay the bill.
Authorized payers log in to CUBill&Pay.
- Authorize Payers: Parents, guardians and family members do not automatically have access to view and pay the bill. Find out how you can help your family and others access important billing information by visiting What Does Authorized Payer Access Mean?
- Make Your Health Insurance Selection: All students are required to have health insurance while attending CU Boulder. Students may elect coverage through an individual health insurance plan, through a family member or employer or the CU Gold Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Students must meet this requirement their first semester at CU Boulder and update their information each fall. Learn about New Student Health Requirements.
- Set Up Direct Deposit: Direct deposit allows for quick, secure deposit of refunds into your bank account. Learn about Refunds and How to Set Up Direct Deposit for Tuition & Fee Refunds (this is different from direct deposit for payroll).
Bills, Due Dates & Payment Options
Bills are only online. No bills are mailed.
- Bills: The tuition and fee bill includes tuition, mandatory fees, on-campus room and meal plans and student health insurance. Depending on your selections, it can also include parking permits, residential academic program fees and textbooks/supplies from the CU Book Store. Get an estimate of Costs.
- Payment Due Dates: Primary due dates are Sept. 5 for fall and Feb. 5 for spring. Avoid fees and other penalties by paying on time. New charges are billed monthly. See Billing & Due Dates.
- Payment Options: We accept payments from bank transfers (eCheck), credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover), 529 college savings plans and international payments using Flywire. We also offer payment plans. Learn more about Payment Options and Payment Plans.