The Biochemistry Undergraduate Research Scholar Award provides support for undergraduate students who are majoring in Biochemistry at the University of Colorado Boulder, in order to reduce financial barriers that may prevent students from obtaining appropriate research support. Recipients will be students who are pursuing research opportunities in laboratories of faculty members who are rostered in the Biochemistry department.
Grant Type and Terms
- 2023-2024 Academic Year Grant - Students are paid an award of $1,500 per semester. Funds are not provided for supplies, equipment, or other research expenses, which will be covered by the host lab.
- Award Term: 2023-2024 Academic Year
The application is now closed.
To be eligible for funding, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be majoring in biochemistry.
- Must have/maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Undergraduates are not expected to have prior research experience or pre-select a mentor.
To be eligible for funding, students must agree to the following expectations:
- Must be committed to doing laboratory research.
- Must remain in strong academic standing (minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA) for the awarded terms.
- Encouraged to participate in department-wide meetings and symposia.
Download an application below and submit along with all supplemental materials. All applicants are required to submit a completed application, essay response, unofficial transcript, and a resume/curriculum vitae.
Email the Biochemistry Undergraduate Program Coordinator at email@example.com