The Wuttke and Beckman Foundation Biochemical Sciences Research Award provides support for undergraduate students who are majoring in Biochemistry at the University of Colorado Boulder, in order to reduce financial barriers that may prevent students from obtaining appropriate research support. Recipients will be students who are pursuing research opportunities in laboratories of faculty members who are rostered in a science department.
Grant Types and Terms
- Spring 2021 Semester - Application closed.
- Summer 2021 Grant: Stipend amount of $2,000. Student must work from the end of the Spring term to the beginning of the Fall term.
Award Term: TBA
Aplication Opens: TBA
Application Deadline: TBA
To be eligible for funding, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a freshman, sophomore, or junior majoring in biochemistry.
- Must be enrolled full time (12 credits) at CU Boulder for the duration of the award term.
- Must have/maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Undergraduates are not expected to have prior research experience or pre-select a mentor.
- Preference will be given to students who have financial need as determined by the financial aid office.
- Preference will be given to diverse students - students from geographic areas and socioeconomic backgrounds that are historically underrepresented in the fields of the biochemical sciences, first-generation students, ethnically and racially diverse students, and/or students that have faced an unusual adversity.
To be eligible for funding, students must agree to the following expectations:
- Must be committed to doing laboratory research.
- Must be committed to doing a minimum of 10 hours per week of research during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Must remain in strong academic standing (minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA) for the awarded terms.
- Encouraged to participate in department-wide meetings and symposia.
Download an application below and submit along with all supplemental materials. All applicants are required to submit a completed application, essay reponse, unofficial transcript*, and a resume/curriculum vitae.
*Freshmen must submit an unofficial high school transcript
Email the Biochemistry Undergraduate Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org