Undergraduates are encouraged to participate in research to prepare themselves for graduate school, professional school, or industry. There are multiple opportunities for undergraduates to be involved in research within the Department of Biochemistry.
If you are interested or have questions, reach out to the Undergraduate Program Manager at email@example.com
A list of faculty interested in having undergraduates undertake independent research in their groups for the Fall 2022/Spring 2023 academic year can be found here:
- BCHM Undergraduate Research Labs & Desired Qualifications
- CHEM Undergraduate Research Labs & Desired Qualifications
To register for BCHM 4901, please complete the form below and follow the registration information listed in the form:
Please direct any questions to our Independent Study Coordinator and Undergraduate Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To learn more and apply visit: https://www.colorado.edu/biochemistry/WuttkeBeckmanAward
Please direct any questions the Undergraduate Program Manager at email@example.com.
CU Boulder also has several programs to support undergraduate research.
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
UROP supports research partnerships between faculty and undergraduate students from numerous academic areas.
- Biological Sciences Initiative (BSI) Scholars in STEM Undergraduate Research
BSI provides an hourly wage to undergraduate students who want to gain research experience in the natural sciences.
- STEM Routes Uplift Research Program
Uplift connects low-income and traditionally underrepresented students with faculty-sponsored research projects and STEM-oriented professional development opportunities.
- Beckman Scholars Program
This competitive program offers a paid, in depth research experience to full-time CU Boulder undergraduates in the biological sciences.