Peter Gyory received a Bachelor of Science degree from the Rochester Institute of Technology in game design and development. After graduation, he worked for the digital agency, Sapient Razorfish, as an interactive developer. He also became an avid open-source software advocate during his time at RIT and hosts all of his personal work on Github so that others can freely build upon it. While in the ATLAS CTD program, where he received an MS in 2019, Peter focused on game development, creating games and experiences that help people both laugh and learn. He is continuing his studies as an ATLAS PhD student, working with Professor Ellen Do.
For more information about Peter, view LinkedIn and his personal website.
- S. Sandra Bae, Rishi Vanukuru, Ruhan Yang, Peter Gyory, Ran Zhou, Ellen Yi-Luen Do, Danielle Albers Szafir. 2022. Cultivating Visualization Literacy for Children Through Curiosity and Play. In Proceedings of IEEE VIS 2022, https://doi.org/10.48550/arxiv.2208.05015 (Oct.16-21, 2022—Oklahoma City, Oklahoma).
- Peter Gyory. 2022. Creating Platforms to Support Craft and Creativity in Game Controller Design. In Creativity and Cognition (C&C '22). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 708–710. https://doi.org/10.1145/3527927.3533733 (June 20-23, 2022—Venice, Italy).
- Peter Gyory, Perry Y Owens, Matthew Bethancourt, Amy Banic, Clement Zheng, Ellen Yi-Luen Do. 2022. “Build Your Own Arcade Machine with Tinycade,” In 14th ACM conference on Creativity & Cognition, https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3527927.3533023 (June 20-23, 2022—Venice, Italy).
- Sandra Bae, Ruhan Yang, Peter Gyory, Julia Uhr, Danielle Albers Szafir, Ellen Yi-Luen Do. Touching Information with DIY Paper Charts & AR Markers, (2021) in IDC '21: Interaction Design and Children, June 2021 Pages 433–438, 24 June 2021, https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3459990.3465191
- Clement Zheng, Peter Gyory, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do. 2020. Tangible Interfaces with Printed Paper Markers. In Proceedings of the 2020 ACM on Designing Interactive Systems Conference (DIS ’20). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 909–923. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3357236.3395578. (Eindhoven, Netherlands (virtual) – July 6-20, 2020) [Honorable Mention Award].
- Peter Gyory, Clement Zheng, Daniel Leithinger, and Ellen Yi-Luen Do. 2019. HOT SWAP: Probing Embodied Game Interfaces With Reconfigurable Controllers. In Companion Publication of the 2019 on Designing Interactive Systems Conference 2019 Companion (DIS '19 Companion). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 183-187. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3301019.3323901. (San Diego, CA, USA — June 23 - 28, 2019).
- Denise Powell, Peter Gyory, Ricarose Roque, and Annie Bruns. 2018. The Telling Board: An Interactive Storyboarding Tool for Children. In Proceedings of the 17th ACM Conference on Interaction Design and Children, (IDC '18). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 575-580. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3202185.3210778 (Trondheim, Norway, June 19-22, 2018).