An avenue for every interest
CU Boulder offers students a wide variety of opportunities to participate in programs outside of the regular classroom. Students are encouraged to take advantage of these programs to enhance their educational experience at the university.
- Honors Program. The CU Boulder Honors Program offers thoughtful advising, close contact with faculty and with other honors students, an opportunity to write an honors thesis and the ability to graduate with honors.
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities: UROP provides consultation services, informational workshops, and grants to promote undergraduate research as a high-impact learning practice for student success
- Bachelors/Accelerated Masters Programs: Concurrent BS/MS and BA/MA degree programs are offered in several departments at CU Boulder. These programs allow a student to receive both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years of study without compromising the academic integrity of either degree.
- CU in DC: The CU in DC program combines a professional internship in the daytime with CU classroom courses in the evening in Washington, D.C.
- Education Abroad: Education abroad is an incredible opportunity to travel, explore and broaden student's experience and perspectives while staying on track with their degree.
- Internships: An internship is an effective way to connect your academic studies to the world of work, and is often required for a full-time job post-graduation.
- Residential Academic Programs (RAPs): RAPS are elective programs in which students live together in a residence hall, share common academic interests, participate in specially tailored small first-year classes, have unique access to faculty, and engage in co-curricular activities that reinforce the program’s academic theme.