Wondering where you can watch CU football games with fellow alumni? If you can’t make it to Boulder for game day, join a watch party in your city! This is the perfect opportunity to meet up with friends, connect with other Forever Buffs and (of course) cheer on the Buffs.
To make sure you're receiving information about watch parties, please contact Alumni Volunteers.
Interested in hosting a Watch Party? Review the guidelines below for next year. Fall sign ups are currently closed.
These guidelines are for any televised CU sport (football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc.). As the lead volunteer for these events, we ask you to commit to the following:
- Find and secure a game watch location. This can be a bar, restaurant or public place with televisions for Buff fans to gather and watch the game. It’s important to confirm that they have the correct Pac-12 Network that will be showing the CU game.
- Serve as the liaison between the CU Boulder Alumni Association and your game watch location. We want to ensure your game watch is a success. To start, a box of decorations and CU swag will be mailed to you to help decorate your game watch location. Take charge and decorate the location and area where the group will be sitting. Check with the owners in advance about possible specials for Buff fans.
- Follow all local health and safety guidelines. Please ask your venue about their specific requirements for in-person events, and be sure to also stay updated about local guidelines. Lead by example by following health guidelines, and help others feel comfortable coming to the watch party by respecting individual preferences for distancing and masking.
- Keep track of attendance. We will send you table toppers with QR codes that have a sign-in link. We ask that you put these out around the venue and have attendees fill this out with their name/email. As an incentive, we will be randomly selecting winners who sign in using the QR code to receive CU Nike gear.
- Take pictures. We would love to see your game watch in action! By taking photos of the game watch and sharing them with the Alumni Association, you are helping promote game watches everywhere. Upload them to Facebook or Instagram and tag the CU Boulder Alumni Association (@cuboulderalumni) and #foreverbuffs. Or email your photos to email@example.com.
- Help promote your location. The Alumni Association will promote all game watches via email, the game watch website page and social media. You can help by spreading the word to your Buff friends and alumni in your area. If your group has social media accounts, be sure to promote the exact time and location of each watch party at least 48 hours prior. Talk with the bar/restaurant about advertising the event in-house prior to the game.