The University of Colorado Boulder Department of Aerospace Engineering Sciences (AES) is located in Boulder, Colorado on one of the most beautiful college campuses in the world. Boulder has one of the highest per-capita concentrations of highly educated workers and high-tech companies to be found anywhere. It's a great place to study, to work, and to live.
Why choose CU Aerospace Engineering Sciences?
- The hands-on learning experience and facilities are world class.
- Faculty attend all of the labs and actively support student learning.
- Award winning faculty, including 2 presidential teaching scholars.
- A former NASA astronaut on the faculty teaching space from personal experience
- The program was ranked 3rd in the country in the most recent National Research Council assessment of research-doctorate programs (quantitative regression analysis).
- U.S. News and World Report ranks the AES undergraduate program 6th among public institutions and 10th overall. The AES graduate program ranks 8th overall and 5th among public graduate programs.
Use the links on the right to learn more about our programs.