The University of Colorado Boulder Department of Aerospace Engineering Sciences is located in Boulder, Colorado on one of the most beautiful college campuses in the world. Boulder has one of the highest per capita concentrations of highly educated workers and high-tech companies to be found anywhere. It's a great place to study, to work, and to live. We hope you have an interest in joining us.
Why choose CU Aerospace Engineering Sciences (AES)?
- The hands-on learning experience and facilities are world class.
- Faculty attend all of the labs and actively support student learning.
- Award winning faculty, including 2 presidential teaching scholars.
- Two former NASA astronauts on the faculty teach space from personal experience
- CU president Benson selected AES for Outstanding Academic Leadership in Undergraduate Students Success in 2008. This award was only given to one department across all four University of Colorado Campuses.
- The program was ranked 3rd in the country in the 2011 National Research Council assessment of research-doctorate programs (quantitative regression analysis).
- U.S. News and World Report ranked the AES undergraduate program 9th among public institutions and 14th overall. The AES graduate program was ranked 9th overall and 6th among public graduate programs.
Use the links on the right to learn more about our programs.