The following is a list of guidelines for any in-person media interview on CU Boulder's campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the conditions of this pandemic are ever-changing, these guidelines will be subject to change. Please make sure that you are referencing the most up-to-date guidelines when you are preparing for your interview. These guidelines also apply to all commercial filming, photography and shoots for marketing materials.
All participants should review the guidelines in advance and follow them when collecting news stories on campus.
Updated August 13, 2021
- Outdoor interviews are strongly encouraged.
- Media members and all other participants should wear masks, regardless of vaccination status, at all times while indoors.
- If indoors: If social distancing of at least 6 feet can be maintained, masks may be removed by the interviewer and interviewee(s) for the interview session. Mask wearing by all participants should resume immediately following the interview.
- The preferred method for capturing sound is a boom or stick microphone while maintaining social distancing. If a lav mic must be used, precautions should be taken to maintain social distancing.
- Social distancing should be maintained while collecting B-roll, particularly indoors.
- Mask and microphone rules still apply.
- Please refrain from entering residence halls, which are off-limits due to privacy and security concerns.