Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to join the Common Curriculum Planning Committee for one of the scheduled open forums to engage in the critical discussion around framing a common undergraduate curriculum for all CU Boulder students.
Responding to the 2020 report by the Higher Learning Commission, CU Boulder’s accrediting body, Chancellor Phil DiStefano declared CU Boulder’s commitment to creating a common learning experience and a common set of intended learning outcomes for CU Boulder undergraduates. This commitment is grounded in the 2018 recommendation of the university’s Academic Futures strategic initiative to define common educational touch points throughout the undergraduate experience.
Convened by the provost last fall, and drawing from initial input received from more than 1,000 participants in a preparatory listening tour of academic units, student groups and student support staff, the committee has drafted goals and learning outcomes to define the common purpose of a CU Boulder undergraduate education and to provide common educational touch points to all CU Boulder students, regardless of their degree program.
The committee now seeks further input from faculty, staff and students before revising its proposal, which will be submitted for further review and faculty approval in fall 2022.
Register for a virtual forum
Common Curriculum Planning Committee
- Katherine Eggert, Senior Vice Provost for Academic Planning and Assessment
- Daryl Maeda, Dean and Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Shelly Bacon, Undergraduate Education
- Patrick Tally, College of Arts and Sciences
- Joe Thomas, Student Affairs
- Evangelyne Eliason, third-year undergraduate student majoring in psychology
- Jemil Abdu Kassahun, first-year Colorado Law student
- Russell Cropanzano, Psychology
- Barbara Demmig-Adams, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Vicki Grove, Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures and vice chair of the Boulder Faculty Assembly
- Roudy Hildreth, School of Education
- Caroline Sinkinson, Libraries
- Nicolò Spera, Music
- Colin West, Physics
- Cindy White, Communication
- Wendy Young, Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Thomas Zeiler, International Affairs
Planning Committee support staff
- Andre Grothe, Office of Academic Planning and Assessment
- Erika Swain, Office of Data Analytics
- Robin Swift, Office of Information Technology