CU Boulder Provost Russell Moore has named the members of the advisory committee to conduct a national search for a new dean for the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS).
In February, Moore announced the search for the CEAS dean did not result in a hire for the post and that a new search process would begin later in the year.
“I’m excited and ready to once again begin looking for the next leader of our top-ranking engineering college,” said Moore. “Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership and administrative skills, and an outstanding academic record. The candidate will be adept at providing strategic direction for the college. I look forward to seeing a pool of diverse candidates.”
The dean serves as the chief academic and administrative officer of the college and works with CEAS stakeholders, including donors and partners in industry, to articulate and achieve the college’s and the university’s strategic mission and goals. The position reports directly to the provost and also is part of CU Boulder’s leadership team.
“I am pleased that Scott Adler, dean of the Graduate School and vice provost for graduate affairs, has agreed to head the new search committee and provide leadership and direction throughout the search process,” said Moore. “I am also grateful to Keith Molenaar for his strong leadership and steady hand as acting dean, following the departure of Bobby Braun in January 2020.
The search committee will begin meeting immediately. Its members include:
- Scott Adler (chair).
- Taylor Barton, associate professor of electrical, computer and energy engineering; Lockheed Martin Faculty Fellow.
- Christy Bozic, Lockheed Martin Professor of Engineering Management; Engineering Management Program faculty director.
- Paul Brinkman, chairman, Brinkman Construction.
- Benjamin Capeloto, undergraduate student; student body president, CU Student Government.
- Bhavna Chhabra, senior director of engineering, Google.
- Scot Douglass, associate professor, Herbst Program for Engineering, Ethics & Society; founding faculty director, Engineering Honors Program.
- Victoria Gemma Lanaghan, program and event coordinator, Idea Forge.
- Vani Hiremath Sundaram, graduate student.
- Andy Hoenger, professor of molecular, cellular and developmental biology, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Daniel Larremore, assistant professor of computer science.
- Jade Morton, Helen and Hubert Croft Professor of Aerospace Engineering Sciences; director of the Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research.
- Fernando Rosario-Ortiz, associate dean for faculty affairs; professor of civil, environmental, and architectural engineering.
- Massimo Ruzzene, associate dean for research; professor of mechanical engineering.
- Daniel Schwartz, Glenn L. Murphy Endowed Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering.
- Michael Soltys, teaching associate professor, Engineering Plus degree program.
- Terri Wright, assistant dean for access, inclusion and student programs.
- Debbie Yeh, area director for undergraduate advising, Paul M. Rady Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Matthew Young, assistant dean for advancement (CEAS).
Moore plans to name a new dean during the spring 2022 semester.