CU Boulder Provost Russell Moore has named the members of the committee to conduct a national search for a new dean for the University of Colorado Law School to succeed outgoing dean James Anaya.
“The next dean will need to build on Jim’s outstanding achievements and his advancements in making Colorado Law more diverse, inclusive and accessible for students from a wide variety of backgrounds,” Moore said.
Moore has named Michele Moses, vice provost and associate vice chancellor for faculty affairs, to head the search committee, which will create a leadership profile that will guide them in identifying candidates of the highest caliber.
The committee will begin meeting on Oct. 9. Other members of the search committee include Colorado Law faculty, students and staff, as well as representatives from the community who are also alumni, and a representative of the university’s Advancement team.
Members of the search committee for the new Colorado Law dean are:
- Amy Bauer, senior instructor and co-director of the Master of Studies in Law Ethics & Compliance program.
- Frederic Bloom, professor of law and associate dean for faculty affairs and research.
- Violeta Chapin, clinical professor of law.
- Hiwot Covell, attorney with Sheridan Ross and chair of the Colorado Law Alumni Board.
- John Harrison, second-year law student.
- Taylor Hill, second-year law student.
- Kristine Jackson, assistant dean of admissions.
- Julia La Manna, attorney with Hogan Lovells and alumna.
- Suzette Malveaux, provost professor of civil rights law and director of The Byron R. White Center for the Study of American Constitutional Law.
- Helen Norton, professor and Ira C. Rothgerber Jr. Chair in Constitutional Law.
- Peter Sanders, assistant dean of advancement.
- Taylor Schad, third-year law student and law clerk at the Native American Rights Fund.
- Scott Skinner-Thompson, associate professor of law and affiliate faculty in LGBTQ Studies Program.
- Harry Surden, associate professor of law.
- Jane Thompson, senior instructor and associate director of faculty services at the Wise Law Library.
Moore plans to name a new dean by May 2021.