This summer, oSTEM at CU Boulder, CU's club for LGBTQ+ students in STEM, is proud to present our new outreach event: Pathways in STEM. Pathways in STEM is 100% remote and features social media posts, live talks and panels, self-paced workshops, a science fiction contest, and more!
Pathways in STEM will take place from June 1 to July 31, and oSTEM needs volunteer help in a variety of areas, including:
- Participate in a five to 10 minute Zoom interview (audio only) on a topic related to STEM and LGBTQ+ identity.
- Participate in a live talk or live panel discussion. All live events will take place from June 27 to July 25 on Saturdays at 2 p.m. (excluding July 4). A full list of panels is available on the volunteer sign-up via Google Forms. For live talks, you can choose a preferred date and time during Pathways in STEM (June 1–July 31). Talks must be between 30 and 45 minutes, directed to high school students, and you must be available for at most 15 minutes after the talk for a question and answer session.
- Help us with Pathways in STEM logistics such as advertising and video testing.
- Participate in Biology Day on July 11. Pathways in STEM will focus on content related to the intersection of LGBTQ+ identity in STEM and biology, neuroscience and ecology.
- Find links to interesting articles addressing the intersection of LGBTQ+ identity and STEM.
Interested in volunteering? Please fill out this Google Form. You can also join our mailing list using CU Boulder's list manager by searching email@example.com; we will advertise open volunteer positions throughout the outreach event. You can also visit oSTEM's Pathways in STEM website. For questions or more information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!