Sixteen faculty and staff members were recognized this year for the positive impact they have made on their students through the Marinus Smith Awards. Overall, over 40 nominations were received from students and their families.
The Marinus Smith Awards are presented each spring to faculty and staff members who have been nominated by students. Submitting a nomination provides a meaningful way for students to show appreciation and gratitude to those who have inspired, mentored and supported them.
Though this year’s ceremony was canceled, New Student & Family Programs is still honored to recognize the 16 award recipients.
“It is remarkable to be able to share the incredible stories from students and their families on how current faculty, staff and administrators positively influence the lives of our students during their time at CU Boulder. We are so proud and honored to host these annual awards and recognize the outstanding contributions of our campus community members,” said Amber Cardamone, director of New Student & Family Programs.
2019–20 Marinus Smith Award winners
- Leslie Blood, Graduate School
- Garrett Bredeson, Philosophy
- Janet Casagrand, Integrative Physiology
- Alison Cool, Anthropology
- Scot Douglass, Engineering
- Iskra Nikolova Fileva, Philosophy
- Ioana Fleming, Computer Science
- Rahil Gandotra, Computer Science
- Leland Giovannelli, Herbst Program for Engineering, Ethics & Society
- Diane Hirschhorn, Finance
- William Kuskin, English
- Matthew Pike, Philosophy
- Kristina Spaeth, Veteran & Military Affairs
- Matthias Steup, Philosophy
- Jennifer Sullivan, Law School
- Ajume Wingo, Philosophy