Do you have an idea that could change CU Boulder for the better? Is there a problem college students are facing that you want to do something about? Join the Buff Big Idea Challenge!
Student Affairs is looking for students to join a two-day team challenge in September. If you like finding solutions to problems, working in teams and meeting new people, this challenge is for you.
What is the Buff Big Idea Challenge?
The Buff Big Idea Challenge is a chance to solve a problem related to student life at CU Boulder. You will work with fellow Buffs and CU staff to:
- Identify ways to enhance student success
- Develop creative problem-solving skills
- Find solutions your team can bring to life on campus
The Buff Big Idea Challenge will take place over two days: 5:30–9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21.
Winning teams will receive prizes of $2,500 in value. Prizes will be unlocked throughout the challenge, so you will not leave empty-handed!
What will you do for two days?
The evening of Friday, Sept. 21, will be a kickoff event with free food and inspirational speakers. You also will be forming teams and laying the groundwork for the challenge.
Teams will regroup the next day to complete the challenge. The day will include working through a creative problem-solving process, judging, prizes and a party.
Why should you join the challenge?
By participating in the challenge, you will:
- Enjoy lots of free food, giveaways and prizes
- Network with alumni, staff and community members
- Receive coaching and mentoring from staff and student facilitators
- Help improve the campus community
- Discover tools and methods for creative problem-solving processes
- Develop communication, collaboration and team-building skills
- Practice giving and receiving feedback
Ready to make your ideas a reality? Sign up today!