If you’ll be around the Boulder/Denver area over winter break, check out these things to do. Most activities are free or low-cost.
- Between Dec. 26 and Jan. 6, all Buff OneCard holders will have free access to the Recreation Center. Enjoy free activities such as fitness classes, bouldering and ice skating. Plus, you can bring up to six guests with you, free of charge.
- The Connection has special hours over winter break. Stop by for bowling, billiards and more!
- The CU women’s basketball team has three home games over winter break—show your Buff pride and head to the CU Events Center to cheer them on!
- Check out the exhibits at the CU Art Museum, CU Museum of Natural History and CU Heritage Center. Admission is free; there may be special hours over winter break.
- With fewer students around, winter break is a great time to try out local restaurants and coffee shops around Boulder. Here are some of our favorite food spots on The Hill to get you started.
- Visit the Celestial Seasonings headquarters in Boulder for a free behind-the-scenes tour at the factory. You can also enjoy lunch at the Celestial Café and stock up on your favorite tea at the tea shop.
- Easily visit Denver for free with your RTD pass on most of the RTD Flatiron Flyer bus routes. Hang out at Union Station, shop the 16th Street Mall or try new restaurants.
- The Denver Art Museum, Denver Museum of Nature & Science and the Denver Zoo have days over winter break where general admission is free for attendees.
- Go ice skating at the Downtown Denver Rink. Entry is free, and skate rentals are $8.
- Winters in Boulder can be mild, making for perfect hiking weather. Check out these five winter hikes to do over break.
- After a snowfall, visit one of these great sledding spots in Boulder.
- Rent some snowshoes from the Rec Center’s Outdoor Program and check out these spots in Boulder County to try them out.