Twenty-eight faculty and staff members received the Marinus Smith Award on Tuesday, April 17, during a reception hosted by the CU Boulder New Student & Family Programs office.
Faculty and staff members play a significant role in student success and achievement. Their outstanding contributions and critically profound impact is evident throughout our campus community, but this year’s nominations undeniably reinforce the influential nature of these relationships through tangible interactions and experiences. We are proud to provide a way for students to honor and publicly recognize those campus community members who’ve positively influenced their time here at CU Boulder,” said Amber Cardamone, director of New Student & Family Programs.
The Marinus Smith Awards are presented each spring to nominated faculty, advisors and staff members who have made a positive impact on the lives of CU Boulder students. Submitting a nomination provides a meaningful way for students to say thank you to outstanding staff and faculty members who have taken the time to show care and concern for those they serve.
The award is named after Marinus Smith, one of Boulder’s pioneer settlers. Smith not only led the way with a $1,000 donation toward the creation of the university in Boulder, but also donated 25 acres for the university, including Norlin Quadrangle. To represent their contributions in laying the foundation for student success, recipients received an award made from the iconic CU Boulder native sandstone used to construct our breathtaking campus buildings and architecture.
- Charla Agnoletti, School of Education
- Dr. David Allen, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
- David Bortz, Department of Applied Mathematics
- Ben Brown, Department of Astrophysical and Planetary Sciences
- Dr. Carrew Elizabeth Boulding, Department of Political Science
- Chris Carruth, ATLAS Institute
- Matthew Christie, Department of Art and Art History
- Laurie Conway, Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- Oliver DeWolfe, Department of Physics
- Justin Felton, Career Services
- Michaele Ferguson, Department of Political Science
- Don Grant, Department of Sociology
- Dr. Mohammad Amin Hariri-Ardebili, Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering
- Mans Hulden, Department of Linguistics
- Chun-Ling Hsu, Department of Asian Studies and Languages
- Chris Koehler, Grand Challenge Space Minor
- Christopher Link, Integrative Physiology
- Dr. Olivia Miller, Program for Writing and Rhetoric
- Shane Oshetski, Student Academic Success Center
- Rick Reed, Leeds School of Business
- David Rogalski, Department of Economics
- William Rumley, Department of Art and Art History
- Lindsay Scurto, Office of Admissions
- Martha Shernick, Sewall Residential Academic Program
- Dr. Divya Vernerey, Department of Mathematics
- Dr. Jonathan Van Blerkom, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
- Dr. Glenda Walden, Department of Sociology
- Greg Young, International Affairs Program