Catalyze CU, the CU Boulder accelerator, is pleased to welcome its fourth cohort of paricipants. Nearly 50 applications were received and reviewed to select this year’s "most promising ideas and technologies." Read about the winning companies below.
- Give & Go automates the film-editing process for sports teams and coaches 72-times faster than current methods. Visit on Twitter at @giveandgofilm.
- Glimpse allows users to explore the world using a social app that supports local residents. Visit on Twitter at @aglimpseapp.
- Myra Makes inspires future problem-solvers by creating fun products with adventure-based challenges. Visit on Twitter at @MyraMakes.
- Pastificio produces artisanal, traditional Italian pasta using organic and heirloom whole grains.
- ReForm makes a novel, low-cost adjustable prosthetic socket for lower-limb amputees.
- The Space Research Company provides easier access to basic space research using a small-satellite biological research platform. Visit on Twitter at @TSRCO.
- Specdrums creates a collaborative musical experience with a device that allows you to tap on different colors to produce sound. Watch the Specdrums video on CU Boulder Today. Visit on Twitter at @specdrums_rings.
- Very Important Teacher (VIT) allows parents and businesses to recognize teachers using gifts and rewards.
Currently in its fourth year, the eight-week startup accelerator program for university-affiliated companies is hosted out of the Idea Forge, a cross-disciplinary design and innovation space on campus. Interested companies apply, interview and are accepted to be part of Catalyze CU. The selected groups then receive structured programming, access to network of mentors and $4,000 in equity-free funding to develop their businesses.
Past successes of the CU Boulder accelerator program include Shinesty, Mallinda, Kitables, JustLegal (formerly Congo), Stateless (who moved on to be in the Techstars accelerator) and HiveTech Solutions.
The program culminates in a celebratory Demo Day pitch night, where each team gives its five-minute business pitch. This year's event, open to the public, takes place July 27 at the Boulder Canyon Theater in the Boulder Public Library, located at 1001 Arapahoe Ave.
Catalyze CU is welcoming mentors and sponsors for the summer 2017 program participants. If you are interested in becoming involved as a mentor or sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.