At Saturday's first home game of the football season, let’s rally behind not only the Buffs but CU Boulder’s top-of-the-line zero waste program at Folsom Field - Ralphie's Green Stampede.
Ralphie's Green Stampede highlights
- It was the nation’s first NCAA sports sustainability program, kicking off in 2008.
- It's an overall campus effort to reduce water use, boost recycling and composting, and eliminate overall game day waste.
- Fans recycle at a 90 percent rate during football games at Folsom Field.
- Virtually all packaging used in Folsom Field is refillable, recyclable or compostable.
- Clearly labeled zero waste stations can be found throughout the stadium and Zero Waste Goalies will be wearing green shirts to help direct you to recycling and composting bins and answer any questions you have.
- For the first time ever, there will be a waste and car-free tailgate zone on Franklin Field, directly next to Folsom Field. Zero-Waste Aluminum Can Tailgate Zone